Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bio-Filters

Today I intended to write about how to build your own bio-filter. However, I see that another blogger has done a very excellent job of doing just that.

There are a few differences in her filter and mine. I used a 55 gallon drum and lava rocks in addition to the filter medium. My filter medium is three to five air conditioner filters. She used household sponges...very interesting.

Another interesting thing she incorporated, she talks about in Part 2 of her blog on the subject, is she used quilt batting around one of her pumps.

Her instructions are clear and simple. I highly reccommend this system to all my frugal friends who want a good filter system.

You can link to her blog here.

2 comments:

russelllindsey said...

Thanks for adding me to your blog roll! Even though I don't garden, I'm going to keep checking out your blog. Good luck on getting your new blog started!

Lindsey

Flip said...

There are people that don't garden? That is unimaginable to me, lol. I'll have you converted before you know it ;-)